Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11/2001

As we reflect on the 10 years since that fateful day in September that changed us all, do you remember where you were and what you were doing?

I was cafeteria manager at one of the local elementary schools in Burlington, I remember one of my employee's getting a call that the first tower had been struct by a plane. I was thinking about how horrific that must be when we watched the second tower get hid by a plane. We were all in shock and in awe of the events that day.

To all the people that died that day, I honor you with a moment of silence. You mattered. To all the ordinary people that went to work that day, to all the first responders, to the policemen, and to all people that came to their aid, I salute you. To the people on Flights 11, 175, 77, & 93, I salute you. My heart, to this day, still breaks for the lives lost and their family members.

I will never forget that day and I still tear up when I hear about it, even now. I did not know anyone involved with this tragedy, but it changed us all...


http://www.fest21.com/files/images/9-11%20Tribute%20In%20Light%20Memorial.preview.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment