Monday, June 27, 2011

Do You Ever Wonder?

As many of you know, most of our department here at Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools are  fans of the Wonderopolis site in Thinkfinity. I am a huge fan of this site and love the many resources that are shared daily through the 'Wonder of the Day.' Last Thursday night, I participated in my first, live Twitter chat.  It was entitled 'Camp What A Wonder.' This chat was through Wonderopolis. This being my first experience, I found myself having a time keeping up with the chat. Eventually, I got the hang of it and I really enjoyed reminiscing about 4-H camping that I did as a teen, going camping with my son and his boy scout troop, and going camping with my daughter's girl scout group. Roasting marshmallows was a favorite thing of mine to do while camping. It was a pleasure reading what everyone else's memories were. During the chat someone was actually going to  go out and get the s'mores supplies to make those after the chat! I admit I was craving them by the time we all finished talking!!

During this chat, I really enjoyed talking with colleagues here in our office and making a few new Twitter friends. Come join the group again this Thursday night from 8pm to 9pm EST and chat about Creepy Crawlies. @professorbug will join the chat as well. Unfortunately, I will be on the road to Holden Beach, NC for the holiday weekend and will miss it. You can catch what was said from Thursday night here. For more information on Thursday night's chat, read here.

The hashhtag for the Thursday chat is #wonderchat


No comments:

Post a Comment